Mar 28th, 2024, 2:41pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Excel 2007 VBA -- re-open problem  (Read 6701 times)
Jay
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Excel 2007 VBA -- re-open problem
« on: May 3rd, 2010, 7:37am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hi,

I am evaluating your serial port control, and it looks like it could work well for the data acquisition project that I am working on. However, there are some things that I am encountering that don't make sense to me. One of these problems has to do with opening and closing a serial port. Here is one of the problems I am having:

I have placed the control on a UserForm in my Excel 2007 document / VBA project. It is named FTSPCControl1 and has serial port options pre-configured (in IDE). The UserForm also has controls for adjusting the serial port control's settings, closing a port, and opening a port. The first time I open a port (whether using AutoOpen property or using button on UserForm to call Open method), the evaluation message appears and then the port seems to open OK. However, if I then close the port and open it again, the evaluation screen re-appears OK, but then I encounter an error which states, "Run-time error '-2147352567 (80020009)': Method "Open"". I believe this is happening because the port is still open even though the Close method has been called and the IsOpened property reads false. (e.g. if I change to another available port, like COM7, while debugging this error then it continues OK)

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
IP Logged
Alex_Webster
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW   Email       
Re: Excel 2007 VBA -- re-open problem
« Reply #1 on: May 7th, 2010, 4:15am »

Hello Jay,

Could you please make a small demo application using VBA Excel 2007 and send it to us so we can reproduce the issue and see what's wrong? Please send it to <support@fabulatech.com>

And what is the version of Serial Port Control. Do you have the latest version?
IP Logged
Jay
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #2 on: May 7th, 2010, 7:02am »

I've sent you a demo file, and I believe I am running the latest version. How do you want me to verify this? Properties of ftspcax.dll and ftspcnet.dll state File Version and Product Version of 2.1.6.0 and date modified 2/23/2010.
IP Logged
Jay
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #3 on: May 11th, 2010, 12:37pm »

I thought I mentioned this earlier, but apparently I didn't. The operating system in this case is Windows Vista x64. I have not tested this on a 32-bit system.
IP Logged
Alex_Webster
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW   Email       
« Reply #4 on: May 12th, 2010, 5:46am »

Jay, did you manage to download Portmon and make the log I asked you about?
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.