Apr 20th, 2024, 7:56am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: using left / right keys to control device  (Read 4517 times)
bmweeny
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile   Email       
using left / right keys to control device
« on: Feb 2nd, 2010, 6:45am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hi all.
Just purchased this excellent piece of kit and almost have a fully functioning program, just one small hurdle..!

Can anyone tell me how or what i should use to send either a "steady" (every second)L or R command through the serial port when a user holds down either the L or R key?
At the moment i'm sending multiple keystrokes when i hold down either key, but ideally i just want a character sent every second.
I'm using an access database and tried the "on timer" event with various textboxes but nothing seems to work whilst that textbox has the focus. I have tried keydown events with timers but again the keydown event stops the timer event from working.! Rather frustrating.
Anyway, that's the problem - if someone could shove me in the right direction then i would be grateful - if you have some working code i would be even more grateful!!
IP Logged
Alex_Webster
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW   Email       
Re: using left / right keys to control device
« Reply #1 on: Feb 3rd, 2010, 1:01am »

Hello. I wonder if you have already purchased Serial Port Control product or probably you are talking about something different Smiley

Anyway it would be great if you could send us your codes and functions of your program. We'll see what you are trying to do and we will offer you something to fit your needs.

You can send all the information here:
support@fabulatech.com
IP Logged
bmweeny
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile   Email       
Re: using left / right keys to control device
« Reply #2 on: Feb 3rd, 2010, 1:38am »

Yes - i purchase serial port control last weekend. I'll collate my code and forward it on to you.
Thanks for your help.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.