Apr 24th, 2024, 8:22pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Using NSPK with a Fax Modem  (Read 4240 times)
ng12345
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Using NSPK with a Fax Modem
« on: Sep 27th, 2008, 4:21am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

My situation is that my server does not have any serial ports available to it and I need to be able to use an external modem that I have for the purpose of sending faxes. I have connected this modem to another computer with serial ports and would like to use this modem from the server.

I installed NSPK on both the server and the other computer and shared the serial port that the fax modem is attached to.  I am still unable to connect successfully to the modem or the port (it always shows a red dot next to the connection).

Any tips?

UPDATE: I am able to get the green dot and get the port connected, however, I can not query the modem through the virtual serial port. I have tried fiddling with the latency stuff with no change.
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2008, 1:50pm by ng12345 » IP Logged
Mike
FabulaTech Forum Full Member

View Profile   WWW         
Re: Using NSPK with a Fax Modem
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22nd, 2008, 7:46am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hi,

Could you please contact me by e-mail (support@fabulatech.com - "With attention to Mike") with detailed description of the problem you faced with? I need also your detailed system info on both sides and the type and model of your modem.  

It would be great if you describe me step-by-step how you operate with NSPK and your modem.  

You can also look through this on-line tutorial and check whether you've done everything correctly:

http://fabulatech.com/nspk-tutorial-sharing.html

Thanks in advance. Hope hearing from you soon.
IP Logged

Mike Storm

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.