May 19th, 2024, 2:13am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Witch of your program can help me  (Read 4117 times)
Louis
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Witch of your program can help me
« on: May 24th, 2005, 6:56pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

I am trying to share a serial port over the internet or a localnet. what program do I need .I have try the network serial port kit no success what i am doing wrong? Cry
IP Logged
Andrew
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW         
Re: Witch of your program can help me
« Reply #1 on: May 25th, 2005, 12:26am »

Yes, it seems you need Network Serial Port Kit but could you please describe in detail what solution do you need and what problem did you have while the program test?
IP Logged

Andrew Scott

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
Louis
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Re: Witch of your program can help me
« Reply #2 on: May 25th, 2005, 5:26am »

I am using an AIS receiver on a serial com port on my PC  at home  to see ship with a sofware call ShipPlotter. My freind at is house also got and AIS receiver connected to a serial Com port on his PC. What we are trying to do is to feed each other the input we received from our own AIS receiver to our own ShipPlotter program that accept more than one serial com input from AIS. So each of us can see also the ship the other one see. In other word share my serial com input with him and him with me over the internet. I have try first at home with  my PC and my Laptop connected on a home network that share and internet connection via an internet gateway. I run windows XP pro on each and I had desacticated my firewall etc. but I cannot share my serial port where I received the AIS data to my PC to my laptop.  I see often "Service starting error 0x40, 0x0" on my Pc connected to the AIS trought port Com #4 and under network serial ports connections I have "Com2 assigned to com 1 on local computer (Not active)" and in Share serial ports " Physical Com 1( waiting for incomming connection" that is on my laptop. In settings ports are enable and preference TCP-port =1
Where did I go wrong or not doing right. need more details?
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.