Before running the Scanner for Remote Desktop Server setup program ensure that you are logged in as a user with administrative privileges.
|Operating system:||Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11, Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019, 2022|
|Hardware:||LAN or Internet connection|
To install Scanner for Remote Desktop Server, do the following:
1. Download program installation package corresponding to your architecture. For example 64bit. The latest program version is available at www.scanner-for-remote-desktop.com.
2. Run the scanner-for-remote-desktop-server-64bit.msi file and follow the installation wizard.
For Citrix Users
When Scanner for Remote Desktop is to be used in Citrix session, it may compete with Citrix TWAIN redirection. You will be requested to disable Citrix TWAIN redirection during the installation. If Scanner for Remote Desktop is already installed and Citrix TWAIN redirection is enabled you should disable it as described in Troubleshooting.
For Windows Server 2008 R2 Users
During the installation of Scanner for Remote Desktop you can obtain the message: "Desktop Experience Feature is not installed. Please install it in order to proceed installing Scanner for Remote Desktop." The Desktop Experience Pack can be installed through the following steps:
- Start Server Manager.
- In the details pane, locate the Features Summary area, and then click Add Features.
- In the Add Features Wizard, click to select the Desktop Experience check box, and then click Next.
- Click Install.
- After the Desktop Experience feature is installed, click Close to exit the Add Features Wizard, and then click Yes to restart the computer.