Apr 19th, 2024, 12:27pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Workstation Module has Disappeared  (Read 4284 times)
braindead
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Workstation Module has Disappeared
« on: Dec 8th, 2015, 4:39pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

I downloaded and installed USB for Remote Desktop Trials on 2 windows 10 computers yesterday.  The "Server" was installed on a 64 bit computer running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.  The "Workstation" was installed on a computer running Windows 10 Home 32 bit.

It came right up and was working great.  I was able to use a local Saitek joystick on the remote desktop machine. The joystick automatically connected when ever I started a new remote desktop session.

I also used port forwarding and connected with no problem over the internet.

Later this afternoon, the system then quit working. I noticed that the joystick did not connect when I started a session.  I went to the USB Remote Desktop server panel on the remote computer in my remote desktop session. It said "Cannot connect to the Workstation Module".

I tried the obvious windows tricks - restarted both computers, etc.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the USB for Remote Desktop workstation.  This also did not solve the problem.

In the task manager on the server computer, I see a background process "USB for Remote Desktop Server Shell (32 bit)" --note that I installed the 64 bit setup.

In the task manager startup tab I see "USB for Remote Desktop Server Shell"  

I see NO similar process or startup listings in the "workstation" computer Task Manager"

Any help would be appreciated.  We plan to use this for operation on our robotic submarines.

When it was working, it gave us exactly what we need and was very easy to operate!
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God

View Profile   WWW         
Re: Workstation Module has Disappeared
« Reply #1 on: Dec 9th, 2015, 1:44am »

Hi !
1) In your case (Windows 10 usage) you can use USB for Remote Desktop 5.1 beta 8 version only:
http://www.fabulatech.com/usb-for-remote-desktop-download.html
http://www.fabulatech.com/usb-for-remote-desktop-beta.zip
2) Check the status of "USB for Remote Desktop (Workstation Core)" service on the workstation side, run it if needed.
IP Logged

Sergey Jarovski

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
braindead
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Re: Workstation Module has Disappeared
« Reply #2 on: Dec 9th, 2015, 8:56am »

Thanks

I will try that.  I was testing only on Windows 10.  My "real" operations with the robotic submarines will be on Windows 7.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.