Mar 28th, 2024, 9:44am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Logitech Webcam over Remote Desktop  (Read 9771 times)
compulink
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile   Email       
Logitech Webcam over Remote Desktop
« on: Feb 12th, 2009, 2:50pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hello.  

I installed a trial version of USB Remote desktop 2.0.03 beta. The device is a Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 with the drivers etc installed at the remote workstation computer and is working fine.
When in the remote desktop session the remote session both server and workstation USB4RD showed 'connected' This was in automatic mode.

The application in the remote desktop did seem to recognize that there was a webcam but it seemed to recognize it as a generic usb video camera and even gave me resolution options etc.  (The remote session on the server did NOT have the Logitech driver loaded at this point.)

However...the preview window was blank and saving a picture did not work.

So, net i installed the logitech drivers on the remote desktop session (on the server), rebooted etc. but now
USB4RD won't connect the usb at all. In the USB4RD workstation window when you redirect you get a yellow exclamation point and "problem"

Same thing after rebooting, unplugging, etc  (other devices appear to still connect)

Are webcams known to work with USB4RD?
If so are there particular ones that work well?
Should the webcam driver be installed on both ends?
Is the streaming webcam preview window practical over a ADSL link ?

Thank you

-Louis-
Compulink

IP Logged
Mike
FabulaTech Forum Full Member

View Profile   WWW         
Re: Logitech Webcam over Remote Desktop
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19th, 2009, 6:16am »

Hi Louis,

First of all I want to ask you why are you trying a beta? You can download 2.2.2 version as well.

I think the source of this issue is device driver. It takes your camera before our soft takes it, so that's why you observe a yellow exclamation point. Please try auto-redirecting option (Settings -> Preferences -> Auto-Redirecting tab).

Thanks.
IP Logged

Mike Storm

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
George_White
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile         
Re: Logitech Webcam over Remote Desktop
« Reply #2 on: Sep 7th, 2011, 7:47am »

Hi everyone.

For those who found this forum thread in Google searching for a solution that would allow redirecting webcams to a remote desktop, check out our new product called Webcam for Remote Desktop:

http://www.webcam-for-remote-desktop.com/

With any questions or issues feel free to contact me directly at george.white@fabulatech.com
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.