Apr 25th, 2024, 10:13am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: need a little creativity.. is this even possible?  (Read 3728 times)
eastside
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
need a little creativity.. is this even possible?
« on: Nov 27th, 2014, 6:18pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

I have a device, its a dongle I plug into my machine. I need to be able to plug into the DONGLE remotely.. not just access it.. it plugs into my machine, I plug into it. The primary device reads information from the secondary device, they must be plugged into each other then in turn to my pc.  

While I ask if its possible, I know people are doing it and I managed to determine they are using this software as at very least a component.. but the person wont tell me exactly how they do it.. has anyone had success doing this? I'd be pretty thrilled to get a shove in the right direction.
IP Logged
InnaWhite
FabulaTech Forum Full Member

View Profile   WWW         
Re: need a little creativity.. is this even possib
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28th, 2014, 2:36am »

Dear customer,  

I will be glad to help you with this issue. Please specify the following information so that I could offer you the most appropriate solution:

- The exact models of devices you are going to wok with;
- The OSs you have on both computers;
- Are you going to work via network or via RDP protocol?
- It would be great if you could describe your project in more detail.

Thanks.
IP Logged

Inna White

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
eastside
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28th, 2014, 6:40am »

It's very likely that I'll have to use windows since there seems to be some issue going from linux to windows or vice versa. Normally I use linux or freebsd for my own systems however the remote systems will be predominantly windows thus my server will have to be windows as well I guess.

Network yes.

Id rather not detail every bit of information about my devices. I understand it would make life easier for you. I dont necessarily need to know if my particular devices will do this, but if ANY devices will do this. If its not possible its not possible. If it is, ill try it.

To be clear.. I have a device which has two usb jacks. one goes out to my computer.. the other is remaining to have a secondary device plugged into it. this is on my server.

When I plug my secondary device into the client machine, it has to simulate being plugged INTO the primary device.. not just access it, be plugged INTO it.

I just thought someone might be able to tell me that its possible before I invested my time in reading and doing it. ^_^

Thank you so much.
IP Logged
InnaWhite
FabulaTech Forum Full Member

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28th, 2014, 7:54am »

The project you have described is possible to implement with the help of USB over Network. Since you do not mention your USB device models, I can not tell you for sure if it works fine. So I would recommend you to download a free trial version of USB over Network and make all the necessary tests.

Here is the download page:
http://www.fabulatech.com/usb-over-network-download.html

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have some questions about how it works or if you need some help. We will be glad to assist you.
IP Logged

Inna White

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.