Apr 25th, 2024, 4:55am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Keyspan Serial-to-USB on Windows 8.1 no longer wrk  (Read 4507 times)
BillL
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Keyspan Serial-to-USB on Windows 8.1 no longer wrk
« on: Sep 17th, 2013, 3:06pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

I have a Keyspan USA-19H serial port emulator that I have successfully used with USB over Network with version 4.9 on Window 8 as the server, and XP as the client.
I upgraded to Windows 8.1 RTM available from MSDN and saw that version 5 of USB over Network was available so I upgraded both client and server to version 5.
I share the Keyspan USB device in the server (win 8.1), verified that the same port 33000 is being used as before, the firewall still has an allow rule for this traffic also.  When I share the Keyspan device, I hear the Windows tone that indicates a USB device was removed, and the device shows as shared.  When I go to the XP client, I added the server on port 33000, but the Keyspan device never shows up to the client.  I can share a USB card reader successfully and it shows up in the client so I know the sharing process is working.  I used to be able to share the Keyspan device but it never shows up now in the client.   I wonder why the keyspan no longer shows up now.  Any thoughts?
IP Logged
BillL
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Re: Keyspan Serial-to-USB US not work on 5.0
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18th, 2013, 7:35am »

More info on the Keyspan device not working from original poster (me).
I had been able to share and use the USB Serial Port Emulator successfully on Windows 8 using the 4.9 beta release.  After upgrading the server from Windows 8 to 8.1 and USBoN from 4.9 to 5.0, the Keyspan device would no long appear to the client when it was shared.
I uninstalled the new 5.0 release and went back to the 4.9 release of USBoN and now I can share and use the device successfully on the client again.  The server is still Win 8.1, the client is still XP.  This makes it appear that the problem is with the 5.0 release since it works in 4.9 but not 5.0.
IP Logged
InnaWhite
FabulaTech Forum Full Member

View Profile   WWW         
Re: Keyspan Serial-to-USB on Windows 8.1 no longer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20th, 2013, 1:01am »

answered in email
IP Logged

Inna White

FabulaTech
===================