Apr 19th, 2024, 10:18pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: How to make a connection via Internet?  (Read 12627 times)
GerdMusch
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
How to make a connection via Internet?
« on: Jan 4th, 2013, 10:13am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hello,

I am using the recent 'USB over Network" client + server software (still the trial-version).

My scenario is:
Computer A is in my office and has the "server application" installed and has the usb-device.
Computer B is at my home and has the "client application" installed.

Both computers has Windows XP running and they are connected with the internet through a normal home wlan-device. It is a small engineering company without any server-computer or IT staff: just normal windows xp computers and a telefon-internet connection.  

Frequently I need to work at home at weekends, that is why I really like to try the 'USB over Network" software, it sounds amazing, if it will work too.

How can I make a connection between computer A and B through the internet?
I have no experiences in windows internet network, may one of you can tell me how to configure the 'USB over network' software or even windows, specifically the part with the IP: what IP I have to use in the client software?
I already tried the 192.168.0.101 and 127.0.0.1 but nothing works.

Thanks a lot!

« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2013, 10:17am by GerdMusch » IP Logged
George_White
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile         
Re: How to make a connection via Internet?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 4th, 2013, 11:31am »

Hi GerdMusch,

You are doing almost everything right, but there's one little detail. Istead of using local IP address you need to configure USB over Network Client to connect to the Server part using its public IP address, which is different. You can see a computer's public IP simply by typing 'What's my IP' in google.

Also, if the Server side is behind a router or firewall, you should configure those to allow connections for USB over Network. It uses TCP port 33000 by default. Sorry I can't be more specific on how to do this since there are a lot of routers and firewalls out there. But if you do everything right, you should see the USB device in the Client's window, and therefore you can connect to it as if it was plugged in to your PC locally.
IP Logged
GerdMusch
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #2 on: Jan 4th, 2013, 3:35pm »

Thanks George for the fast and good support.
I got it run. Smiley

My nephew helped me and also made a small tutorial for other users with less experiences like me to get their software run over internet.

--
Just configure your Wlan Router - login to the admin area of your router.
Look for: "Virtual Server" or "Port-Forwarding"

There you can "open" the Port that establish a connection between 2 computers through the internet.  

Make this setting.
Internal Port: 33000
External Port: 33000
IP-Adress (local): 127.0.0.101 (or whatever your local IP looks like: e.g. 10.0.0.101,  192.168.1.101, etc.pp) (It has to be the local IP from the computer which runs the "USB over Network" server software.)
Protocol: ALL
.. and save the settings. That's all.

To get your local IP adress, just use "ipconfig /all" or at least google for it.

In the client software from "USB over Network" you have to add the internet IP-adress you got from the site "What is my IP" (google it) and keep the Port 33000.
.. that's all, everything works fine!  
Both computers are connected via internet, worldwide.

Anotation: if you have more than one computer/device in your WLAN, it can be neccessary to update the IP-Adress (local) in the router. Because the router gives the local ip-adress in form: first come, first get an local ip. All other computer get an increasing local IP.
For example: yesterday the local-IP was 127.0.0.1, but today it is 127.0.0.3, because two other computers/devices were started and online before you started your computer with the "USB over Network" server software.  
BUT, you also can set your computer with a fix and allways gulty local ip - there is an option in your router for. You have to add the MAC-address of your computer and the local IP you want and everytime you start your computer and connect to the   internet, your router give you the same local IP.  

May this short tutorial will help some of you too.
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2013, 7:57am by GerdMusch » IP Logged
GerdMusch
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #3 on: Jan 4th, 2013, 8:09pm »

George, I still have one question for you!

How or where can I get/generate SSL-Certificates or Key for a secure connection between the server and client?
I am worry about the open port 33000 that some bad guy can access the computer in my office or at my home. How can I avoid it?
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2013, 8:02am by GerdMusch » IP Logged
Viper32
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #4 on: May 29th, 2013, 5:39am »

Well, I still cannot get connected, got to be a easier way than all this. If the USB over Netowrk Server is installed why does it not make itself a server with a IP to connect to. If it did that would make this program a all-in 1 solution and well worth the money for paid version. Sort of like a combination of Hamachi and USB Over Network all in 1. Now that would be perfect....

Viper
IP Logged
Serge Frost
FabulaTech Forum Full Member

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #5 on: May 30th, 2013, 2:54am »

"USB over Network" is more flexible because it is not linked to some static IP-address. It also allow our product to be used in the local network that doesn`t have access to the Internet and to work with such technologies as VPN and IP tunneling.  

Besides Hamachi works via external server. Thats why if you use "USB over Network"+Hamachi the speed of data redirection is slowed down noticeably. And Port forwarding allows to work with the 100% speed of your network.  

Configuring port forwarding is easy. You can`t specify the internal IP address of your computer, but you can specify the address of your router. Then all you need is to configure the firewall on the router to transfer all the packages that came to TCP-port 33000 to the same port on the computer in the network and back.  

You can find some detailed information here:
http://portforward.com/
http://www.howtogeek.com/66214/how-to-forward-ports-on-your-router/
IP Logged
billjulian
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #6 on: Jul 24th, 2013, 3:01am »

I am so confused.  Can someone give a straightforward tutorial for this product.  I need help please.  I have the client on my home machine and server on my remote machine.  I have tried all that I can thank of.  I am sure I forgot something.  Please all you most wise guru's help me out.  Any and all help appreciated and much needed.
IP Logged
Alex_Webster

View Profile   WWW   Email       
« Reply #7 on: Jul 24th, 2013, 3:41am »

on Jul 24th, 2013, 3:01am, billjulian wrote:
I am so confused.  Can someone give a straightforward tutorial for this product.  I need help please.  I have the client on my home machine and server on my remote machine.  I have tried all that I can thank of.  I am sure I forgot something.  Please all you most wise guru's help me out.  Any and all help appreciated and much needed.

Hello. What's the actual issue? Are you experiencing the problems with the product in general? Could you please describe it?  

And here is video tutorial to show you how the product works:

http://www.fabulatech.com/usbnet-tutorial-flash.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=605&width=592
IP Logged
billjulian
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #8 on: Jul 24th, 2013, 4:13am »

I watch the tutorial several times and I guess I just don't understand how to get it to conect.  I understand that the remote computer to me is the server.  I understand that I am the client.  From this point on it is a blur.  I repair cellphones as well as flash them, root & jailbreak.  All of which I should be able to do remotely.  I can use teamviewer with no problem.  This product is probably as good or better.  I just need to understand how to do remote flashes.  My business can't grow if I can't support a growing mobile clientele. Rooting, jailbreaking & even Roming is easy.  This flashing scenario is just kicking my butt!
IP Logged
Alex_Webster

View Profile   WWW   Email       
« Reply #9 on: Jul 24th, 2013, 5:02am »

on Jul 24th, 2013, 4:13am, billjulian wrote:
I watch the tutorial several times and I guess I just don't understand how to get it to conect.  I understand that the remote computer to me is the server.  I understand that I am the client.  From this point on it is a blur.   

Did you test trial version? Here is how you connect server and client component of USB over Network:

http://www.fabulatech.com/usb-over-network-client-help/adding-server.html

As you can see, you have to specify the IP of the remote PC where USB over Network Server is installed to connect Server and Client component of USB over Network and get the access to the USB device.
IP Logged
billjulian
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #10 on: Aug 1st, 2013, 3:22pm »

Is there a straightforward solution that works for flashing phones remotely?  I desperately need this information.
IP Logged
emeraldcityrepair
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #11 on: Sep 18th, 2014, 11:53am »

Hi, i also have same problem. i need to access my house computer from work but i install the programs and it still doesnt connect, i need help connecting and doing the port forwarding thing on my router. please and than you
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #12 on: Sep 23rd, 2014, 4:19am »

I apologize but you must configure port forwarding on the router yourself.  
In the Internet there are many manuals on this subject.
IP Logged

Sergey Jarovski

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
shikersger
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #13 on: Oct 28th, 2018, 3:48pm »

on May 30th, 2013, 2:54am, Serge Frost wrote:
"USB over Network" is more flexible because it is not linked to some static IP-address. It also allow our product to be used in the local network that doesn`t have access to the Internet and to work with such technologies as VPN and IP tunneling.  

Besides Hamachi works via external server. Thats why if you use "USB over Network"+Hamachi the speed of data redirection is slowed down noticeably. And Port forwarding allows to work with the 100% speed of your network.  

Configuring port forwarding is easy. You can`t specify the internal IP address of your computer, but you can specify the address of your router. Then all you need is to configure the firewall on the router to transfer all the packages that came to TCP-port 33000 to the same port on the computer in the network and back.  

You can find some detailed information here:
https://.../blog/funny-wifi-names/

I watch the tutorial several times and I guess I just don't understand how to get it to conect.  I understand that the remote computer to me is the server.  I understand that I am the client.  From this point on it is a blur.  I repair cellphones as well as flash them, root & jailbreak.  All of which I should be able to do remotely.  I can use teamviewer with no problem.  This product is probably as good or better.  I just need to understand how to do remote flashes.  My business can't grow if I can't support a growing mobile clientele. Rooting, jailbreaking & even Roming is easy.  This flashing scenario is just kicking my butt!

« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2018, 8:16am by Sergey_Jarovski » IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #14 on: Oct 29th, 2018, 10:18am »

Hi,

I think that the best scheme for you is:
- install USB over Network (client) on your local side;
- install USB over Network (server) on the remote sides;
- configure call back connection in USB over Network (client) GUI:
https://www.fabulatech.com/usb-over-network-client-help/client-settings-callback.html
https://www.fabulatech.com/usb-over-network-client-help/server-adding-callback.html
- configure port forwarding (33001 TCP port by default in case of callback connection) on the router on USB over Network (client) side;
- connect from USB over Network (server)s to USB over Netwotk (client):
https://www.fabulatech.com/usb-over-network-server-help/server-callback.html
- request a trial reverse license key from our Sales Department for test purpose.
You'll see all callback servers in your USB over Network (client) GUI after that and all usb devices on them.
IP Logged

Sergey Jarovski

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.