Mar 29th, 2024, 11:19am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mic on Sound over RDP not working  (Read 9307 times)
nodoze
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Mic on Sound over RDP not working
« on: Jul 19th, 2012, 7:41am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hello, Hopefully you can help as I really want to get this working.  I can't seem to get my mic from my workstation to interface with the server.  My environment:

Note that since this is a physical server I am connecting to I don't think that it has an actual sound card installed.

Note that I am connecting to the server in my office from my home over the internet.  I had to enable the sound to get it working (never tried it before) and it works but the mic does not.

Server: Windows Server 2003 x32 EE with SP2;
FabulaTech Installed: Sound over RDP (Server) version: 2.8 (trial version);

Workstation: Windows 7 x64 pro with sp1;
FabulaTech Installed: Sound over RDP Workstation via sound-over-rdp-workstation.msi;

Note that on the workstation I don't see any way to denote the version and don't see anything in the task manager or services that stands out to me that it is running or in place;  In 'Start > All Programs' I do see a 'Sound over RDP workstation' folder and when I click update I get 'Unable to retrieve a newer version of the product' so I assume it is in place.  Both MSIs were downloaded & installed yesterday & both the server & workstation have been rebooted twice for good measure...

Before I RDP from Workstation, I verified that 'Local Resources > Remote Audio > Settings' is set to "Play on this computer" and Record from this computer".

When I connect to the server, I hear sound locally but the mic doesn't work.  I can see that my mic on the Win7 workstation is registering sound but not on the server.

On the server, under "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties" I see the following:

Sound playback > Default device > Microsoft RDP Audio Driver and it's volume and Advanced buttons are clickable;

Sound recording > Default device > FabulaTech RDP Audio In and it's volume and Advanced buttons are NOT clickable (they are greyed out);

MDI music playback > Default device > No MDI Playback Devices and the volume and about buttons are also greyed out.
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2012, 7:46am by nodoze » IP Logged
nodoze
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Re: Mic on Sound over RDP not working
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19th, 2012, 9:07am »

Is it normal on the server for the "Sound recording > Default device > FabulaTech RDP Audio In" to have it's volume and Advanced buttons NOT clickable (greyed out) ?

I scoured your site and found that a way to test is to launch sound recorder and that IS working...

However I cannot see my voice registering on the server when I do a microphone test nor can I change the volume on of the mic on the server.
IP Logged
Serge Frost
FabulaTech Forum Full Member

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #2 on: Jul 20th, 2012, 1:53am »

Hello,

Yes, it is normal when all the buttons are grayed out on the remote side. Our product creates a virtual audio device on the remote side but you can control it only locally. So if you need to change the volume you can increase/decrease it on the local computer.  

So you were able to record the sound and play it remotely? So our product is configured correctly. But what what about voice registering? What application do you use to see it and how does it work?
IP Logged
nodoze
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #3 on: Jul 20th, 2012, 8:01am »

It doesn't work when I try to use the built in "Test Hardware" windows feature available under "Sounds & Audio Devices Properties > Voice > Test Hardware".  It launches the "Sound Hardware Test Wizard" testing the FabulaTech RDP Audio In.  The wizard runs for awhile and then at the Microphone Test I am supposed to read the paragraph "I am testing my microphone to verity that my voice is detected. ..." and nothing registers as I read...  If I click next it says "The wizard could not complete the test because your voice was not detected".

However, using the "Sound Recorder" I could record my voice on the server and hear it back on the workstation.  

Unfortunately I am also not able to talk nor hear with the Avaya IP Softphone Version: 6.01.93 (r6.0sp7) which is the main reason I am trying to leverage Sound over RDP.

Other version info in the help/about indicates we are using Avaya IP Service Provider Version: 6.0.5.0 (6.0.6.0) & Avaya iClarity Version: 6.0.7.0.

It looks like the Test Hardware & the Avaya product work differently than the sound recorder...  

Maybe the Avaya product is looking for a midi device ?

If I can't get the Avaya product working then there is no other compelling reason to get the "Sound over RDP" product.  I am not the only person in our company who could benefit from that.
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2012, 8:13am by nodoze » IP Logged
Serge Frost

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #4 on: Jul 23rd, 2012, 6:45am »

Hi,  

I performed "Hardware Test" in our test lab and received the same results as you. I have submitted it as a bug to our bugtracker.  

Regarding Avaya products. Do you have installer packages? Could you please upload them to our FTP server: ftp://castle.colonet.net/upload/

I will try to reproduce this issue. And if I find something I will forward it to our developers and they will fix this incompatibility for you.  

I attempted to download Avaya`s Software from the official website but it will not provide me with a link for downloading until my account is not confirmed.
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2012, 6:46am by Serge Frost » IP Logged
nodoze
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #5 on: Jul 23rd, 2012, 7:34am »

I uploaded to /upload/Avaya_Softphone

I don't know if you will be able to get to a point to test much without being able to connect to an Avaya server.  If I remember correctly you don't have any option to talk/hear until it is configured with the Avaya host name/IP and it detects the server.

I don't think the Avaya SoftPhone is a standard SIP client nor is the Avaya Server atandard SIP device.  That being said, you could download astra and try an astra client as I think they are similar.
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2012, 7:37am by nodoze » IP Logged
Serge Frost

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #6 on: Jul 30th, 2012, 4:05am »

Hello,

I`m sorry for such long delay. I tried to install Avaya Softphone but was unable to use it. You were right it requires some kind of server. How can I setup this server?  

What is "astra client" and where I can get it?

Thanks.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.