Mar 28th, 2024, 10:47am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: cannot playback remote mic  (Read 5044 times)
liva
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
cannot playback remote mic
« on: Feb 25th, 2012, 3:27pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hi,
I'm trying to playback on my Win7Pro VAIO laptop, the sound from a microphone connected to a remote Dell Inspiron 1501 WinXPPro laptop. That laptop has an internal SigmaTel audio card, I had to tweak the registry to uncover the input monitor allowing mic playback. So now, mic playback it's working on that remote laptop (I can hear it while being there). However, using Sound over RDP, I was not able to bring that mic sound to my local VAIO laptop. I thought it's because that particular soundcard on Inspiron which I had to tweak. Therefore, now I bought an external USB sound card:
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Soundblaster-Audio-System-SB1290/dp/B0044DEDC0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
I can always hear on my VAIO, over the RDP, the sound from a song played on Media Player on that remote Inspiron laptop, but no way to get the mic sound from Inspiron through RDP. I even installed RPD7 on that XP machine. Any idea? With this USB sound card should I also need USB over PDP? Is there way then to bring the SigmaTel mic from the remote Inspiron through RDP to my local VAIO?
Thanks!
IP Logged
Harry_Mitkov
FabulaTech Forum Full Member

View Profile   WWW         
Re: cannot playback remote mic
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27th, 2012, 4:36am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hello liva,

Sound over RDP product is developed for redirecting your local microphone to the remote computer so a remote application can record a sound from your local mic.
As far as I understand you are trying to get a remote microphone to your local PC.
Unfortunately this can not be done with Sound over RDP solution.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.