Apr 25th, 2024, 8:43pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Security  (Read 4836 times)
H_in_OH
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Security
« on: Feb 23rd, 2010, 12:31pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Just installed NSPK 5.6.2 between a Windows 7 PC with a serial modem and an application running on Windows Server 2003.  Amazing.  This application would not work with any network attached serial device appliance (Equinox/Avocent, Lantronix, Perle, etc.) that I could try on hand, and it works with NSPK.  

However, this application requires a heavy amount of security.  There are two concerns at the moment:
1) Is there a way to set the server side of NSPK to only allow specific hosts to connect to a shared serial port?  I could probably regulate this in Windows Firewall, but is there a way within the NSPK application itself?
2) Is there any chance that there will be an option for NSPK traffic to be encrypted on the network?

Thanks.
---H
IP Logged
Alex_Webster
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW   Email       
Re: Security
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24th, 2010, 4:37am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Unfortunately we do not have these features on our road map for the near future.
But if you consider to purchase the multiple licenses or probably Site license we can start implementing them. Everything will depend of your project. In case you are interested please contact me at sales@fabulatech.com
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.